The unstoppable, the unmissable, the almighty! The legend is back! The Super CBO!
Right now at McDonald’s for a limited time only you can kapow your way to super CBO!
Check out the combination of crispy chicken, sizzling bacon and crunchy onion slices that make the CBO the most flavourful burger ever!
Excitement levels are officially off the roof, as the CBO is back at McDonald’s. Treat yourself to this generous serving of yumminess.
The CBO Comic Competition
The return of the legendary CBO deserves plenty of fanfare! To spice things up, we’re getting YOU involved too! The beloved chicken, bacon and onion burger is not only known for its stratospheric taste but also for being a real visual showstopper.
We’re inviting you to design a cartoon comic depicting the CBO in your own style. Just remember to make it as legendary as the CBO is!
Submitted artworks will be judged by acclaimed cartoonist Ġorġ Mallia, who will be on the lookout for the most creative, inventive and family-friendly sketch.
The winning comic strip will get a €1,000 cash prize, as well as have their design featured in The Sunday Times. The second and third prize winners will also get their artworks published.
Cartoon comic strips should be submitted by email to [email protected] until October 1, 2021. To ensure anonymity throughout the judging process, participants are requested not to sign their designs. Once the winners are selected, they will be approached to sign their artworks prior to publishing.
- This competition (the ‘Competition’) is being organized and managed by Premier Restaurants Malta Ltd(C 18843).
- By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any Competition entry and participation instructions form part of these terms and conditions. Any entries not compliant with these terms and conditions shall be invalid.
- The Competition is open to all Malta residents aged 18 years or over. Entrants not meeting these criteria will be immediately disqualified. You may be asked, at any stage, to provide proof of age and/or identity.
- Premier RestaurantsMalta Ltd employees and their immediate family members may participate but are ineligible to win the cash prize but may still classify as second and third runners up and therefore have their comic published. Immediate family members refers to parents, siblings, spouses and children of current employees.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
- To enter the Competition, entrants must design an original comic strip featuring the CBO, and send the artwork in pdf format to [email protected] with the subject line [CBO Comic Competition]. Artworks must be anonymous and unsigned.Size of artworks must be 20cm W x 10cm H.
- Entries will be accepted up to and including October 1, 2021. Entries received after midnight on October 1, 2021 will not be considered eligible but may still be posted on the McDonald’s website.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason including but not limited to technical failure or disruption.All entries received before the closing date will / will not be acknowledged. Acknowledgment shall confirm receipt but does not guarantee eligibility.
- Entrants may only submit their own original works.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person willresult in the entrant being disqualified and none of the entries submitted by any person who submits multiple entries shall be considered.
ADJUDICATION AND PRIZEWINNING
- After October 1, 2021, all entries will be reviewed to ensure they are in line with these terms and conditions. Entries found to be eligible for adjudication will be assessed and adjudicated by Prof.Ġorġ Mallia on an anonymous basis. One winning entry will be selected from the eligible entries, and the decision will be final.
- The winner will be announced 10 days after the closing date on Premier Restaurants Malta Ltd’s social media pages, provided there are no delays. Premier Restaurants Malta Ltd will notify the winner by email or SMS using the details provided upon entry into the Competition. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 3 days of the first attempt to contact him/her, Premier Restaurants Malta Ltd reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. Premier Restaurants Malta Limited shall not be liable for any losses if it is unable to contact a winner.
- Prizes are as follows:
- Winning entry shall receive €1000 in cash and the winning comic strip shall be published on The Sunday Times of Malta.
- Second and Third runners up will also be published on The Sunday Times of Malta at a later date.
- Criteria for the adjudication of the winning entry will be creativity, inventiveness, family-friendliness, feel-good moment and finishing on the selection process.
- The prize is as stated, and no other alternatives will be offered. Prizes are not transferable and are subject to availability, and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without prior notice.
- Premier Restaurants Malta Ltd is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- Premier Restaurants Malta Ltd reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition and these terms and conditions without prior notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the company’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Premier Restaurants Malta Ltd.
- All submitted entries are subject to approval and may not be accepted if they are found to be offensive or in violation of copyright or any other laws. Premier Premier Restaurants Malta Ltd reserves the right not to accept, or to disqualify an entry, if we are not fully satisfied with the authenticity and validity of the credentials of either the entrant, or any associated entity. Premier Restaurants Malta Ltd may refuse entry without justification.
- Entrants to the competition agree that once a comic is submitted, it is an entry into the Competition and cannot be withdrawn. They shall have no right to prohibit, restrict, revoke or terminate any of the rights granted to Premier Restaurants Malta Ltd as stated in these terms & conditions. Moreover, they will not be entitled to any compensation or other consideration for the comic except as otherwise stated in these terms and conditions.
- Premier Restaurants Malta Ltd reserves the right to use submitted artwork on their website com.mt, in its communications to the public and on their social media platforms. Usage rights of any entry is not strictly limited to the CBO Campaign or competition.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant grants Premier Restaurants Malta Ltd and their partners an irrevocable, royalty free, nonexclusive licence to use, distribute and publish (in print and online) the comic for any purpose including but not limited to publicity and institutional promotional purposes to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Entrants shall understand and agree that Premier Restaurants Malta Ltd may request more information from the entrant, should the entry become a finalist or a prize-winner. Failure to submit such information may result in disqualification. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be construed as creating a partnership or any other collaborative relationship between the entrant and Premier Restaurants Malta Ltd.
- By submitting an entry each entrant confirms in respect of any content submitted that:
- any identifiable person in the comic has consented to the entry of the picture in this competition on the terms and conditions set out herein;
- the entrant is the sole author and owner of the copyright of the entry; the comic does not contain any copyrighted material. The author of the comic will be responsible for securing the licensing rights.
- the entrant warrants that the comic contains no libellous or unlawful statements, does not infringe upon the rights (including without limitation the copyright, patent or trademark rights) or the privacy of others, or contains material or instructions that might cause harm or injury.
- written permission has been obtained from the legal guardian of any minor appearing in the comic.
- copyright in the contribution will remain with the entrant and this permission is not exclusive, so they can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry.
- Any personal data processing that may take place as a result of this competition shall occur in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act, Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta, as well as any other applicable laws that may be in force from time to time.
- Entrants shall be considered as data subjects and Premier Restaurants Malta Limited (the “Company”) is the data controller. These terms and conditions constitute the legal basis for processing personal data and failure by any entrant to provide personal data will render the Company unable to exercise its rights and perform its obligations pursuant to these terms and conditions
- The Company will not share any personal data with any third party except as stipulated herein (Allied Newspapers Limited C 308 and any other individuals who will be adjudicating the competition) and apart from group (i.e. Hili Ventures Limited, including all agencies, affiliates and subsidiary companies thereof) and Company websites and social media platforms.
- You have the right to request the restriction of processing of your personal data or to object to such processing in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Company binds itself to comply with any requests in line with the Regulation.
- The personal data which you provide will not be subject to automated decision making and the data will not be transferred outside the European Union unless such transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards.
- You have the right to data portability with respect to any of your data which is held by the Company and the Company hereby binds itself to provide you with the personal data which it holds about you and which you have provided to the Company, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format upon request. In case of any queries, participants may contact the Company’s Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
- You may lodge a complaint with the Information and Data Protection Commissioner as data protection supervisory authority in Malta should you deem it necessary to do so. We would nevertheless appreciate it if you could get in touch with us in the first instance.
- Entrants’ personal data will be deleted once the winners are announced. Unless further retention is required, personal data of the winners, including original email submissions, will be deleted by December 31, 2021.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or any other Social Network.Entrants are providing their information to Premier Restaurants Malta Ltd and not to any other party.